pet insurance header graphic
Petcare Insurance Guide

What You Need To Know About Petcare Insurance
By Grant Copland

Petcare Insurance Cat When looking for petcare insurance, make sure the insurance company is reputable and accepted by most veterinaries. Talk to your local vet about the pet insurance cover youíre considering buying, if it will suit your pet and if they will accept insurance from this company.

There are different types of petcare insurance cover to cater for all types of people. Budget polices that just cover basic medical care, to high-end policies that cover all expenses. So it is important to read the conditions carefully to know what is and is not covered.

For those pet lovers look at purchasing a new pet you may want to consider a petcare insurance plans that includes vaccination, neutering and spaying.

One of the things you need to carefully read about is how the policy handles prescription coverage. Prescription coverage is not included in most companies basic pet insurance cover. You might consider adding prescription coverage to your plan if you are concerned about the escalating cost of prescription. Like the human counterparts, veterinarian prescriptions can be expensive.

Another consideration when purchasing petcare insurance is the deductible or excess. The deductible is the amount you must pay toward a claim before your insurance begins to pay. The higher this amount the lower your monthly payments. You must decide whether the monthly savings are worth the risk of paying more if a visit to the vet is required.

Most pet insurance policies have a "cap" or limits placed on specialized veterinarian procedures or on the total yearly spend. This cap varies from one procedure to the next, so cancer treatments will have a different limit than a broken leg. They are usually waiting periods of up to six months on the more expensive treatments.

How the refund is process and can it be done online, are questions you need to ask. Does the petcare insurance company pay the vet, or are you required to pay, process a claim and wait for a cheque.

How long will you have to wait before you are reimbursed for your claim? A ten day waiting period between the time a company receive the vet bill and payment is common with pet insurance companies.

Exclusions are an important component to any petcare insurance policy. What veterinarian procedures are not included? What conditions or treatments are not covered? Are then any hereditary defects that are not covered? Dog owner especially must be carefully with this. What about preexisting conditions? Petcare Insurance Dog

Some companies will cover these potential problems with additional clauses, but at an increased cost. Your local veterinarian will be able to explain these exclusions and how they are related to your pet.

Some companies will advertise that there is no excess to pay on claims. Read carefully, as many of these companies pay only 80% of the total claim, leaving you to find the other 20%.

Check age restrictions with your insurer. Some pet insurance companies will not insure your petís policy or it will become at their discretion when your pet is more than eight years old.

Remember read the petcare insurance policy so there are no surprises later when you try to make a claim.


Grant Copland is the owner of PetHealthCover.com. So it you want to know more about pet health cover then please look around, read some articles and educate yourself on the benefits of owning pet insurance.

Here are some more pet insurance articles...
Cat Insurance Health Issues
By Grant Copland
Some cat owners do not think about buying Read more...
Pet Insurance Explained
By Grant Copland
Advances in scientific and medical research have allowed pet owners Read more...
Pet Health Care Insurance
By Grant Copland
In America, only three percent of pet owners Read more...

For US & Canadian Customers Insure Your Pet's Health For Pennies A Day!

For UK Customers
PetPlan Insurance

M&S Pet Insurance

Churchill Pet Insurance

Argo Pet Insurance

PDSA Pet Insurance

HelpUCover Pet Insurance

Homebase Pet Insurance

MRL Insurance Direct



Petcare Insurance news:

Google